Publication Ethics, Malpractice Statement and Publication Policy
Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics (EBM) is an international peer reviewed open access journal which has been published 3 times a year since 2018 by Prof. Dr. Ünsal Tekir, accepts original research articles and survey articles written in English in all areas of Mathematics.
Editorial Board takes its duties of guardianship over all stages of publishing extremely seriously and we recognize our ethical and other responsibilities.
This journal is committed to upholding the integrity of the scientific record. As a member of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) the journal will follow the COPE guidelines on how to deal with potential acts of misconduct.
The editorial board pursue the best practice guidelines of the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). To guaranty the integrity of the published papers, Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics editors are guided for using COPE’s flowcharts whenever they suspect an ethical issue about the paper they process. The authors, reviewers, editors and owner of the journal are expected to strictly committed to ensuring the policy of publication ethics and malpractice, and respect to the following statements:
Papers submitted to Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics must present high quality papers of original research and to reflect the progress of the mathematical research and adhere to a high scientific and technical standard. The authors are expected to strictly follow the policy of publication ethics and malpractice.
Upon acceptance of an article, authors will be asked to complete a 'Journal Publishing Agreement'. An e-mail will be sent to the corresponding author confirming receipt of the manuscript together with a 'Journal Publishing Agreement' form or a link to the online version of this agreement.
Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics is a free open access journal licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0). Thus, the authors accept the following conditions:
-Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of its authorship and initial publication in this journal.
-Authors grant Prof. Dr. Ünsal Tekir to publish the article and identify itself as the original publisher.
-Authors also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
Authors are strongly advised to ensure the correct author group, the Corresponding Author, and the order of authors at submission. Changes of authorship by adding or deleting authors, and/or changes in Corresponding Author, and/or changes in the sequence of authors are not accepted after acceptance of a manuscript. Please note that author names will be published exactly as they appear on the accepted submission. Please make sure that the names of all authors are present and correctly spelled, and that addresses, and affiliations are current.
It is a fundamental condition that articles submitted to Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics should be original, should not have been previously published and should not be submitted to more than one journal for simultaneous consideration. After the manuscript has been accepted for publication, the author will not be permitted to make any new additions to the manuscript.
Before publication the galley proof is always sent to the author for correction. Thus, it is solely the author's responsibility for any typographical mistakes which occur in their article as it appears in the Journal. The contents of the manuscript published in Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics are the sole responsibility of the authors. Authors should not post their submitted work online in any sense, before or during the submission process, as this may cause nomenclatural problems.
With the submission of the manuscript authors declare that:
- All authors of the submitted research paper have directly participated in the planning, execution, or analysis of study;
- All authors of the paper have read and approved the final version submitted;
- The contents of the manuscript have not been submitted, copyrighted or published elsewhere and the visual-graphical materials such as photograph, drawing, picture, and document within the article do not have any copyright issue;
- The contents of the manuscript will not be copyrighted, submitted, or published elsewhere, while acceptance by the Journal is under consideration;
- They cannot submit a manuscript if they already have a manuscript in process
Role of the Corresponding Author
One author is assigned as Corresponding Author and acts on behalf of all co-authors and ensures that questions related to the accuracy or integrity of any part of the work are appropriately addressed.
The Corresponding Author is responsible for the following requirements:
- ensuring that all listed authors have approved the manuscript before submission, including the names and order of authors;
- managing all communication between the Journal and all co-authors, before and after publication;
- providing transparency on re-use of material and mention any unpublished material (for example manuscripts in press) included in the manuscript in a cover letter to the Editor;
- making sure disclosures, declarations and transparency on data statements from all authors are included in the manuscript as appropriate.
Plagiarism and Self-plagiarism
Reproducing text from other papers without properly crediting the source (plagiarism) or producing many papers with almost the same content by the same authors (self-plagiarism) is not acceptable. Submitting the same results to more than one journal concurrently is unethical. Exceptions are the review articles. Authors may not present results obtained by others as if they were their own. Authors should acknowledge the work of others used in their research and cite publications that have influenced the direction and course of their study.
The objectivity and transparency in research, and the principles of ethical and professional conduct have been followed. Authors must cite appropriate and relevant literature in support of the results presented in their manuscript. Authors who already published papers on the same topic are expected to include citation of these papers, but they are expected to avoid excessive and inappropriate self-citation.
- A single study should not be split up into several parts to increase the quantity of submissions and submitted to various journals or to one journal over time (i.e., ‘salami-slicing/publishing’).
- Authors should make sure they have permissions for the use of software, questionnaires/(web) surveys and scales in their studies (if appropriate).
- Research articles and non-research articles (e.g., Opinion, Review, and Commentary articles) must cite appropriate and relevant literature in support of the claims made. Excessive and inappropriate self-citation or coordinated efforts among several authors to collectively self-cite is strongly discouraged.
- Authors are strongly advised to ensure the author group, the Corresponding Author, and the order of authors are all correct at submission. Adding and/or deleting authors during the revision stages is generally not permitted, but in some cases may be warranted. Reasons for changes in authorship should be explained in detail. Please note that changes to authorship cannot be made after acceptance of a manuscript.
Conflicts of Interest
There is a conflict of interest when someone is influenced in his/her choices or actions by a personal or financial interest such as recommendation of a reviewer, an editor’s decision or interpretation of a result by an author. In this case, every suspicion of a conflict of interest should be reported to the editorial team of Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics.
All authors, referees and editors must declare any conflicting or competing interests relating to a given article. Competing interests through their potential influence on behavior or content or perception may undermine the objectivity, integrity or perceived value of publication. Declared conflicts of interest will be considered by the editor and reviewers and included in the published article. If conflicts of interest are found after publication, this may be embarrassing for the authors, the Editor and the journal. It may be necessary to publish a corrigendum or reassess the review process.
License Agreement of the Authors
In submitting an article to any of the series of Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics, The Author/Corresponding Author certify that:
- He/She is authorized by his/her co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
- He/She warrants, on behalf of himself/herself and his/her co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- He/She (and co-authors) is(are) the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics are not in breach of any other obligation;
- The article contains nothing that is unlawful, libelous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- He/She (and co-authors) has(have) taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To his/their - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in the article claiming to be facts are true.
The publication costs for Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics are covered by the journal, so authors do not need to pay an article-processing and submission charges. The PDF copies of accepted papers are free of charges and can be downloaded from the website http://www.ebmmath.com/index.php/EBM/issue/view/14.
Manuscripts should be typeset using the LATEX typesetting system. Authors should prepare the article using the journal's templates before submission to the editor via our submission system. Manuscripts written in AMS LaTeX format are also acceptable. Note that only two submissions per author per year will be considered.
It is a fundamental condition that articles submitted to Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics have not been previously published and will not be simultaneously submitted or published elsewhere. After the manuscript has been accepted for publication, the author will not be permitted to make any new additions to the manuscript.
Before publication, the galley proof is always sent to the author for correction. Thus, it is solely the author's responsibility for any typographical mistakes which occur in their article as it appears in the Journal. The contents of the manuscript published in the Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics are the sole responsibility of the authors. When author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper. If the editor or the publisher learns from a third party that a published work contains a significant error, it is the obligation of the author to promptly retract or correct the paper or provide evidence to the editor of the correctness of the original paper.
When errors are identified in published articles, the publisher team of Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics will consider what action is required and may consult the editors and the authors’ institution(s). Errors by the authors may be corrected by a corrigendum and errors by the publisher by an erratum. If there are errors that significantly affect the conclusions or there is evidence of misconduct, this may require retraction or an expression of concern following the COPE Retraction Guidelines.
Article Processing Time
Two months are given to the reviewers for the evaluation of the paper. Total processing time of a paper ended up between two to four months, in general.
Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics accepts original research articles written in English in all fields of Mathematics. The editor-in-chief makes the final decision of acceptance or rejection, based on the reviewers’ reports and the recommendation of the field editor in charge of the review process. If there is any conflict of interest between an editor and an author, the editor in question will not be involved in the review and the decision processes.
The “Submission/Managing System” which is used for manuscript submission/processing in Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics uses a single-blind peer reviewed system that hidden the reviewers’ comments to authors. Reviewers can also send attached files that can be communicated to the author with the anonymous reviewer’s name.
The names, affiliations and email addresses entered in our journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Every suspicion of ethical issues will be investigated by the journal. Any suspicious case on ethical issues, misconduct or conflict of interest can be reported to the editor in chief or the field editor who conduct the investigation. Editorial Board and reviewers/authors are encouraged for their opinion for the treatment of ethical issues. In the case of the involvement of other journals, editor in chief will contact the journal to make a common decision if possible.
In the case of plagiarism, the retraction of a publication can be decided. The readers and all persons involved in the decision and publication process of the article and employer of the incriminated author (or reviewer) works will be notified.
Editors should decline to be involved with a submission when they have a financial interest, a recent publication, current submission, a collaboration, close personal connection with any author of submission. Editors must also declare if they have previously discussed the manuscript with the authors.
The AMS Subject Classification Codes are rigorously followed by our editors.
Following Pre-Review process handled by Associate Editors, Manuscripts which conform to journal scope and style will be sent to at least two reviewers by the Field Editor, who will then act as the coordinating editor.
Eurasian Bulletin of Mathematics applies single-blind peer review, which means that reviewers remain anonymous by default.
The reviewers are expected to evaluate the paper in an objective manner. Reviewers are expected to inform the Field Editor for potential conflict of interest, and they should decline to be involved with a submission when they have a financial interest, a recent publication, current submission, a collaboration, close personal connection with any author of submission. Reviewer must also declare if they have previously discussed the manuscript with the authors.
Confidentiality of the manuscripts that they are reviewing should be maintained. Potential reviewers who decline to review a paper are encouraged to state the declining reason.